Terms & Privacy
To read our Disclaimer please click to open a PDF copy here: Story Space disclaimer
Copyright and Privacy
For Information on our Copyright Notice please click to open a PDF copy here: Story Space copyright notice
- This is the privacy notice of Story Space and outlines our commitment to protecting the privacy of personal information we process. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information. In this statement “we”, “our”, or “us” refers to Story Space.
- We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us.
- Our policy complies with UK law, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. You can find information here: knowyourprivacyrights.org
When you commission a service from Story Space, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us through our website. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of a reputable payment service provider or events management system.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Disclosure and sharing of information we obtain from third parties – Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
Data may be processed outside the European Union – Our website is hosted in the U.K. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business. Also data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
Access to your own information – At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information you may send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Removal of your information – If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website and systems, contact us at email@example.com.
Encryption of data – We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Review – We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website.
© Andrew Taylor and Net Lawman Ltd